Washable booth coating with spectacular white finish
Like90 White Wash is a water-based, low-VOC booth coating that can make your booth look like new in as little as one hour. It is fast and easy to apply and covers existing overspray so there’s no need to refinish booth surfaces. Over-coat up to four times to keep your booth looking fabulous between full maintenance cycles. White Wash washes off easily with water.
NOTE: The Like90 White Wash film may become somewhat tacky if the relative humidity in the booth is above 70% for an extended period of time. It may be wet-to-touch in extremely humid conditions (above 85 or 90%). Running a bake cycle or two will restore the film to a dry condition.
• P/N 10051 – Like90 White Wash 1-gallon bottle (Ships in cases of four gallons)
• P/N 10052 – Like90 White Wash 5-gallon pail
|White finish||Restores booth to a like-new appearance in as little as one hour. Eliminates the need to refinish booth surfaces covered with overspray. Optimizes lighting conditions for better paint work.|
|Spray-on Liquid||Fast, easy application with conventional spray equipment already in use at the shop.|
|Over-coat up to four times||Maintains nice white booth finish between full maintenance cycles. Coating should be removed completely and re-applied at least every 6 months.|
|Water-soluble||Fast, easy wash removal with water, even after months of extended use.|
|Water-based, low VOC||Non-hazardous, environmentally-friendly formula that is safe for disposal to municipal water facilities. (But check local regulations to determine if specific requirements exist.)|
Directions for Use
1. Remove any temporary coating or protective film before applying. Make sure booth walls and other surfaces are completely dry. Freshly painted booth surfaces must be fully cured. Mask any booth surfaces you do not wish to cover.
2. Optional: For the best looking finish without repainting and to maximize coverage, nib existing rough overspray from walls with a 180 or 220 grit disc on a DA sander.
3. Turn on the booth’s spray cycle and set booth temperature to 75° F (24° C).
1. Shake or agitate coating in container.
2. Apply 1 medium wet coat (3 to 4 mils) to booth walls and doors. Apply a second coat to cover areas with heavy overspray. Use a well-maintained HVLP gun with a 2.2mm tip and 20 psi at the gun. Pressure Pot: To best determine fluid volume, close down air pressure at gun and adjust pot pressure until stream shot from gun is 3 feet long. Set gun to 20 psi. Airless: 0.025 spray tip orifice with 90 degree fan.
3. Allow coating to cure so that it is no longer wet to touch. If booth humidity is high, run a bake cycle to help the coating firm up.
4. Use a damp sponge to remove any overspray.
5. Clean spray gun immediately with warm water.
6. As overspray and other contamination accumulate, coating will begin to lose its white finish. Overcoat as desired up to 3 or 4 times by applying one or two wet coats. Overcoat up to four times. Coating should be completely removed and re-applied at least every 6 months.
7. To protect booth lights and windows, apply one of Like90’s clear booth coatings (Tacky Clear, Booth Coating, or Clear View).
1. Allow booth to cool to ambient temperature. TURN OFF ALL POWER TO BOOTH LAMPS.
2. Remove or protect filter gratings, if present to keep water out.
3. Using a hose or pressure washer, spray water onto all coated surfaces. Scrub heavy overspray areas with a wash mitt or brush. Rinse surfaces again.
4. Use compressed air to blow water away from all lights and glass surfaces.
5. Allow booth to dry. Remove water from floor with squeegee. When all surfaces are dry, re-apply coating.
6. NOTE: Effluent is safe for disposal to municipal water treatment facilities; however, check local regulations to determine if specific requirements exist.
• VOC content: 10 g/l calculated (less H20 and exempt compounds)
• Color: White liquid
• Coverage: About 535 square feet per gallon (theoretical) per 3 mil wet coat
• Flash point: >200°F (>93° C)
• Boiling point: 212°F (100° C)
• pH 6 to 9
• Reactivity in water: none
• Specific gravity: 1.1